What are the ‘French Bets’ in Roulette?
Most of us have heard of inside and outside bets in roulette. We are also familiar with the conventional rectangular layout. At Stakes Casino we are anything but conventional. Besides ‘ordinary’ roulettes, there are games that feature French bets and a racetrack-type layout… over and above the usual mechanics.
Shake Things Up at Juicy Stakes Casino
If you want lots of action at the virtual roulette tables, we suggest you look beyond the basic bets. That does not mean bypassing the even money bets - it simply means adding a bit more fun and intensity to your gambling repertoire. How can you shake things up at Stakes Casino? By playing the roulette games listed under the Tangente tab and hitting either the ‘cylinder bets’ button or the oval layout.
Fixed Edge and Fluctuating Probabilities
Before we get into the technical stuff like odds and probability, it is important to bear in mind that roulette is a game of chance. There are no decisions that you can make to change the outcome of the game. Similarly, there is no way to lower the house edge. Notwithstanding the bet type, the edge is fixed at 2.70% in European Roulette and 5.26% in American Roulette.
The one variable that does change according to bet type is the mathematical probability of winning. In the case of roulette, the probability of winning rises along with how much of the wheel is covered… and this is where the French bets add an entirely new dimension to gambling on roulette!
How to Access the French Roulette Bets at Stakes Casino
When you play the roulette games developed by Tangente Games at Stakes Casino, you are presented with a few options on the gaming interfaces - one of which unlocks the French bets. In the case of European Roulette, you are directed to the oval layout and the associated cylinder bets which, together with announced bets, is another term for French bets. In all the other roulettes - Fast Roulette, Double Jackpot Roulette and Triple Jackpot Roulette - the entry point to the racetrack and its associated bets is via the ‘cylinder bets’ button at the base of the user interface.
What French Roulette Bets Are In-Play at Juicy Stakes Casino?
When you play Tangente roulette, you have the option of placing one of four cylinder bets on each game round. Here is a brief description of each bet, together with the payout odds:
- Les Voisins du Zero - a nine-chip bet consisting of one two-chip three line bet and seven single-chip split bets. The three line bet covers 0-2-3 and the split bets cover 4-7, 12-5, 18-21, 19-22, 25-28, 26-29 and 32-35. As a result, the bet covers a total of 17 numbers on the wheel - all of which are ‘neighbours of zero’. The bet pays 11:1 for the three line bet and 17:1 for the split bets.
- Tiers du Cylindre - a six-chip bet covering 12 numbers and consisting of split bets on 5-8, 10-11, 13-16, 23-24, 27-30 and 33-36. The payout is 17:1.
- Orphans - a five-chip bet consisting of one straight up numbers bet on 1 and four split bets on 6-9, 14-17, 17-20 and 31-34. The straight up bet pays 35:1 and the split bets 17:1.
- Neighbour bets - a five-chip straight up numbers bet covering your chosen number on the oval layout and the two numbers on either side of it. This bet pays 35:1.
French Bets are a Combination of Bets
If you are a regular at Juicy Stakes Casino you will know that probability is the theoretical chance you have of winning – and losing – a bet. As we have already mentioned, mathematical success is based on how many numbers on the roulette wheel are covered by a bet.
A French bet is essentially a combination of bets that cover a section of the wheel. That fact alone is a clear indication that the respective probabilities of the cylinder, announced or French bets is better than that of the inside bets. The more numbers covered by the bet, the higher the probability one of the numbers will win.
What is the Best French Bet in Online Roulette in Terms of Probability?
With that in mind, here are the best French bets in roulette, together with the calculated probability:
- Les Voisins du Zero - covers 17 of the 37 numbers and consequently has the highest probability of winning at 45.9%.
- Tiers du Cylindre - is a bet consisting of 12 of the 37 numbers and comes in second with a calculated success probability of 32.4%
- Orphans - is an eight-number bet with a theoretical win rate of 24.3%
The neighbour bets are not true section bets. Why? Rather than covering adjacent numbers on the roulette wheel, the bet covers adjacent numbers on the layout. Moreover, combinations vary from player to player. Are the French bets the best bets in roulette? Almost… as only the outside bets such as red or black, odd or even and high and low cover more numbers on the roulette wheel.
Exploit the French Connection at Juicy Stakes Casino
French bets - or cylinder bets as they are known at Stakes Casino - can enhance the frequency of your wins. They also inject more of a thrill factor into playing roulette! The payout odds are on a par with the best inside bets - but the probability of winning is that much higher. If you have got an insatiable thirst for adventure, exploiting the French connection at Juicy Stakes Casino is a good place to start. Why not sign up and see how the numbers pan out for you?